"Event notifications have been disabled in your options"

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

"Event notifications have been disabled in your options"

Post by russellhltn »

When I go to the subscription page, in the header, next to "Notifications", I see the phrase "Event notifications have been disabled in your options".

But when I go to my Options page, I see all the boxes for email are checked. If I uncheck them, then the individual boxes for notification on the subscription page is grayed out. But no matter what I do, the phrase "Event notifications have been disabled in your options" never goes away.

Seems like a bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

It's working fine for me on Firefox and Chrome, but I just tried IE9 and I do see what you are seeing. So it appears that this bug is specific to Internet Explorer.

It looks like the <span> tag that encloses that text uses the HTML5 attribute hidden="true", which IE9 doesn't support. If I use developer tools to change it to style="display:none" it works fine on all current browsers.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”