FHC + 881w + Filtering Problem

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
rolandc

FHC + 881w + Filtering Problem

Post by rolandc »

In one of the buildings there is an official FHC and two wards all behind a (verified to function) 881w.

Tivoli for FHC will not install
Sophos 10 for FHC will not install

These two have the validate function built in and checks for the firewall (881w) to be in place and filtering. BOTH come up and state that these systems must be on and filtered by the churches firewall, and they are.

When I goto to firewall.lds.org it states the filter is working GCH is at a loss on this issue.

So I go over to the two clerk computers and notice that Tivoli is not present on either one of them. So I go to MLS.LDS.ORG and re-download Tivoli for the Clerk computers - still a no show. Both task mgr and services do not show it running.

I am kinda puzzled here.

This was all discovered because I went out to fix a FHC printer and noticed the blue icon was missing on the computer.

CHQ is able to control the 881 (send and receive commands including a reset)
Roland
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

By any chance, is this firewall also supporting some kind of office for a LDS Employee, such as Institute, FM Group or Family Services? That may result in some different scripting for the firewall that may be confusing the software.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

No, two wards and a FHC. Its really odd, i think I will request a hard rest and start over.
Roland
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've flagged someone who knows about the deployments to have a look.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bradhokanson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bradhokanson »

rolandc wrote:No, two wards and a FHC. Its really odd, i think I will request a hard rest and start over.

Roland. Can you send me the 881w serial number?

Thanks

Brad
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

Building number: 5294584-01
2300-2499 9th St
HAINES CITY, FLORIDA
UNITED STATES

Firewall Model: 881W
Firewall Serial Number: FTX15508101

Internet Service Provider (ISP): BrightHouse
Support Phone:
Account Number:
Circuit ID:
Connection Type: CABLE
Upload Speed: 4
Download Speed: 7

bradhokanson wrote:Roland. Can you send me the 881w serial number?

Thanks

Brad
Roland
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

Lynn stated last week that he was turning support back over to L3,

He may not respond to your post there.

RussellHltn wrote:I've flagged someone who knows about the deployments to have a look.
Roland
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rolandc wrote:Lynn stated last week that he was turning support back over to L3,

Yes, the response I got back was to call FamilySearch support and work with a tier 3 person.

But in a separate message, it looks like he may have turned off that check. So I'd re-download the install package and try again first.

rolandc

Post by rolandc »

RussellHltn wrote:Yes, the response I got back was to call FamilySearch support and work with a tier 3 person.

But in a separate message, it looks like he may have turned off that check. So I'd re-download the install package and try again first.
I have already called them, twice now. I will try it again. However if it is fixed, landesk will install it on its own. After replacing 7 computers in the other FHC, landesk will install it.
Roland
bronislav

Post by bronislav »

ronaldc, do you find solution?

I have the same issue. I'm trying to install Tivoli for FHC and Sophos 10 for FHC, but neither first nor second package can't proseed to installtions. "This is computer is not web filtered." Is call to GSC only one option?

Return to “Family History Centers”