Create New Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
spurrowell

Create New Calendar

Post by spurrowell »

What is a unique name? I create the calendar but it won't go into the pending status- it says The name of the calendar must be unique? Help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

spurrowell wrote:What is a unique name? I create the calendar but it won't go into the pending status- it says The name of the calendar must be unique? Help.

It must be a name that's not the same as any other calendar in the unit. For example, you can't have two calendars with the same name. You can't have two "Youth Activities", or two "Relief Society" calendars.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

A "Unique Name" may not be the issue. I had this problem when I was trying to create a private calendar for our HPGL use. I found that I had to create the calendar first, then (after it was approved) go into editor mode and add the additional members of my Group Leadership. If I tried to create the calendar with everyone already on it, I received the same message as spurrowell.

My calendar has the same name as what was rejected the first time as a non-unique name so I know the name wasn't the problem. It was really frustrating as I tried and tried to come up with a unique name, only to see everything rejected.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We've been able to duplicate this problem and it's been logged for fixing in Calendar. Thanks.
QA Engineer
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Thanks for all the great efforts of the development team!

Return to “Calendar”