YSA Ward Question

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lehrschallbrian

YSA Ward Question

Post by lehrschallbrian »

I am the ward clerk in a YSA Ward. Since we do not have YM YW or Primary we struggle coming up with callings for everyone. Does anyone have a list of callings other than the one in the chart of callings in the CHI? We have over 100 members with no callings and my Bishop wants to come up with callings for everyone. Any ideas?
lehrschallbrian

Post by lehrschallbrian »

This is not just for YSA people I want to know about all wards
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Here are some ideas:
  • We have some callings that allow for nearly unlimited numbers of people: Indexer (using the FamilySearch Indexing) and Temple Patron (assigned to attend the temple during times when our local temple is not very busy and may be struggling to have enough people for a session).
  • I find that the callings of ward missionary and ward family history consultant are often understaffed -- a ward could easily have a dozen or more of each and accomplish much good.
  • The YSA ward in our area has asked for the membership records of almost all the less active YSAs in the residential wards, and they have a very active missionary program fellowshipping them.
  • The combination of ward missionary and family history consultant is often neglected. There are many less active members and nonmembers who can be reached through family history work.
  • You could have missionaries who focus on sports, because there are some people who will participate in Church sports who may not be interested in other activities at first.
  • There are pros and cons, but some YSA wards have two elders quorums and/or two Relief Societies. Doubling the number of RS or EQ callings can quickly involve a lot of people.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”