Temple trip, how to enter it in financial record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
pgm44
Location: Philippines, Cagayan de Oro city, Northern Mindanao

Temple trip, how to enter it in financial record

Post by pgm44 »

Hi, I really don't know what and how to do this. I am sure here, in this forum, I can find the answer.
Last september our ward had a templetrip to the Cebu temple in the Philippines.
The expences for each member was 2130 peso.
It was taken from the budget. Our bishop withdraw 5,000, 5,000,5000,6000,1000 peso. We can not withdraw the whole amount in one time. How do I have to fill out the expense voucher and how to enter in the financial record.
If you need more information I will add it here later. The money what was taken from the budget was for 13 members. Other members could pay by theirselves.
Thanks in advance.

Bro Paul
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The wiki article Expenses provides the information about expenses and how they should be processed for units using MLS to manage unit finances. Each disbursement (each withdrawal the bishop made) must follow the procedures listed HEREin that article. Steps 1 & 2 are documented by a financial authorization form. It is important that each financial authorization form have a receipt, bill, or invoice attached to it verifying the authorized disbursement of funds for these expenses. So there should be a financial authorization form with receipt(s) attached for the five withdrawals.

The expense voucher (financial authorization form) is locally produced. I am sure your unit has one. If not, there are examples in the wiki article.

I do not know if you use MLS to track unit finances in your area. Here in the United States we can only access budget funds by writing checks using MLS to write those checks. I do not know how or where your bishop was able to withdraw the five amounts you mentioned. It sounds like you have a different system there in the Philippines. My advise would be to contact your stake clerk for your local procedures. He can contact your area office about local procedures if he has any questions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”