Access table not working

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Access table not working

Post by zaneclark »

I am still trying to clarify the access for various positions, to the Clerk and Leader Resources. I have gone to the "help" link, "other" menu, but the Access Table link is not active... I tried various approaches including another browser,but it still is dead... Is this same table available in the wiki? I have looked there but haven't found it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I just pulled it up on Firefox 15.0.1 without any problems. The table is not publicly published anywhere that I know of other than on Leader and Clerk Resources.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
stowelljr
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by stowelljr »

zaneclark wrote:I am still trying to clarify the access for various positions, to the Clerk and Leader Resources. I have gone to the "help" link, "other" menu, but the Access Table link is not active... I tried various approaches including another browser,but it still is dead... Is this same table available in the wiki? I have looked there but haven't found it.

The only place you would be able to see it is in Clerk Resources. What Position do you currently have?
Also when you say dead, do you mean it is giving an error or the link is not clickable?
Jeremy Stowell
QA Lead
Clerk Resources
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Link is not clickable.... and I am beginning to think I may not be hitting the right screens to see the table. I can open the "Other" menu link in various places but when I click on it, it only gives the names of the 2 Other items, Unit Settings,and Access Table, with a full description of what is in each of them, but the links will not open. The other items listed under "Links to menu selections" such as Resources, Membership and Reports do have links that work. I have tried several different browsers, including Firefox and Chrome and Safari on my iPad, all with the same result. I have decided I am not following the right path but can't figure out where to go. My current positions are Membership Clerk and Web Administrator. I am trying to find out if anyone besides the bishopric and clerks has any access to clerk resources.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Have you tried accessing Leader and Clerk Resources on a desktop PC? The descriptions of what you are experiencing appears to be unique to the iPad, or maybe even other mobile devices. When I click "Access Table" on my PC the table opens. I never get a description of what the access table is. Even when I hover my mouse pointer over the link I get nothing, not even a context help.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've noticed problems with my Android with some of the new help pages. The "+" icon just doesn't work. I end up having to use the "expand all" icon on the tool bar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stowelljr
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by stowelljr »

This issue was related to the help pages not having links to the actual application. I think we have this issue resolved. In the future we may add links in the help section to point to the clerk resources pages they reference.
Jeremy Stowell
QA Lead
Clerk Resources

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”