mls 3.5 - eleven year old scout leader no longer listed in primary

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sasgrw

mls 3.5 - eleven year old scout leader no longer listed in primary

Post by sasgrw »

I'm going through the 'custom positions review'. I changed our eleven year old scout leaders to use the standard name but now they don't show up in the primary list. I did a send/receive and restarted MLS just to make sure nothing was out of sync.

Prior to the change, if I went to Organizations > Primary, I could see the eleven year old leaders in the 'other callings' along with all the primary teachers. Now they're not there.

If I view an individual's record, their calling is listed as Group=Primary, Position=Eleven-Year-Old Scout Leader, Class=Scouting (eleven year old). So it looks like it's in the right place but it doesn't show up in the primary list.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Have you looked in the new "scouting" organization?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

I don't see a scouting category under the Organizations menu. I looked under the Other and YM submenus too.
cubscout01

Post by cubscout01 »

Take a look in the classes under the primary organization. I noticed that there was a default 11 yr old scout class and the leaders were showing up in the Other callings for that course.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Yes, I had looked at that already too. Sorry I forgot to mention it. I also looked under 'other'.
MerrillDL

Post by MerrillDL »

sasgrw wrote:I'm going through the 'custom positions review'. I changed our eleven year old scout leaders to use the standard name but now they don't show up in the primary list. I did a send/receive and restarted MLS just to make sure nothing was out of sync.

Prior to the change, if I went to Organizations > Primary, I could see the eleven year old leaders in the 'other callings' along with all the primary teachers. Now they're not there.

If I view an individual's record, their calling is listed as Group=Primary, Position=Eleven-Year-Old Scout Leader, Class=Scouting (eleven year old). So it looks like it's in the right place but it doesn't show up in the primary list.

Since MLS 3.5 is not officially released, any issues should be reported to MLS Technical Support.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

In 3.5 the Eleven-Year-Old Scout leader should show up under the Primary organization, and be available to add as a position under Other Callings.

If it doesn't then there are probably other standard positions that are not showing up as well. Not an official offer of support - but post your unit name or number if this is the case - trying to find a pattern with these missing positions.
Ryan Gifford
MLS

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”