Duplicate October Missionary Deductions

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
murrayhr

Duplicate October Missionary Deductions

Post by murrayhr »

First time poster, long time lurker.

I'm a bishop, and while checking the accounts of my three missionaries I have in the field, I noticed that each missionary had two $400 deductions for October.

If you have access and current missionaries from your ward serving full-time, can someone else check and see if that happened in your ward too or if it was just us.

Thanks,
Mike
murrayhr

Post by murrayhr »

A-ha, nevermind. This morning MLS updated to 3.5 and the duplicate entries were removed.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Well then I will just wait until 3.5 is pushed to us and hope that fixes my duplicate as well.
ecotim

Post by ecotim »

Look at Sept, were any deductions made then? We have duplicates also but I think that is because there were none in Sept.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

My September deductions are all normal. The duplicates I have also have the same reference number.
ckmcdonald

Post by ckmcdonald »

I also have duplicates for Oct - 4 of them. Is upgrading to v3.5 the official fix? I usually wait until SW updates are pushed (rather than pulling them) to us - but no v3.5 yet.

Is this happening to only a few units? Seems like there would be much more activity in this thread if it was a widespread problem.
notchback

Post by notchback »

We have the same problem here. They are still showing double after a month. Can we force an update to 3.5? I'd be glad to do this if it will clear out problem. With 8 current missionaries, it really pulled down our mission fund. The Bishop wants this taken care of as soon a possible.
ckmcdonald

Post by ckmcdonald »

Our missionary fund is running a negative balance due to the double drafts in Oct. We have now been drafted for November and still no correction by CHQ. I was hoping the negative balance would flag someone at CHQ to fix the problem - but it hasn't yet. I'm still waiting for v3.5 to get pushed to me - assuming that does fix it.
papajohnallen

3.5 fixes it

Post by papajohnallen »

I discussed with HQ support, the duplicate October deductions happened all over the place. No actual funds were deducted, just updated the log.
The new release (3.5) fixes it (aka - clears the duplicate entries)
ckmcdonald

Post by ckmcdonald »

Moving to V3.5 did not correct the problem for us. Is there anything we need to do once we have v3.5 to get the duplicate missionary drafts removed? V3.5 is installed and we're running it. Have done several upload/downloads. I got a message that we were synced with headquarters and can use the financial menus (or some message similar to that). Duplicates are still there. Do I need to wait some time (hours/days) for it to correct the duplicates?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”