Webcast URL

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
craiggsmith

Webcast URL

Post by craiggsmith »

Somewhere I thought I heard there was another/better address than stream.lds.org for the webcast, but I can't find it. Anyone know?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

craiggsmith wrote:Somewhere I thought I heard there was another/better address than stream.lds.org for the webcast, but I can't find it. Anyone know?

We were asked to use webcast.lds.org for our broadcast today.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

We just did a webcast for stake conference yesterday using stream.... What is this new webcast.lds.org that is being spoken of. How were you asked to use a different webcast address?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
pingsteve

Post by pingsteve »

I believe that stream.lds.org now redirects to webcast.lds.org. There were some software and infrastructure updates in August. We got a software update which changed the URL to webcast.lds.org.

There was an announcement on this. I'll add a link when I can find it.
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

I posted the details on this change behind a link that's right on the main Meetinghouse Webcast page. Here is the link with the actual details:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Answers_about ... em_Updates
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
pingsteve

Post by pingsteve »

Thanks kolsen - that was the web page I was thinking of :)
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks everyone.

I don't know why but seem to have a hard time finding information. I searched as well and got no results, but that may have been on the new site, as there is a note at the top of the page that says the content has been copied to the new site. But I couldn't find anything about webcast at all on the new site. I missed the link at the top on the old site as I was looking through the main information, but I thought I tried the Get Answers link as well. Even more so, however, it would be nice to have a change like this sent via email or in the newsletter.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

craiggsmith wrote:I don't know why but seem to have a hard time finding information. I searched as well and got no results, but that may have been on the new site, as there is a note at the top of the page that says the content has been copied to the new site. But I couldn't find anything about webcast at all on the new site.

When a wiki article gets the "Content Copied LDS.org" badge added to it, that doesn't mean that it will appear immediately on the new RKATS site. It simply means that the content has been copied to a staging area where it still has to be formatted, edited, and translated. All that takes multiple weeks from what I understand, so while all that activity is happening behind the scenes, it may appear appear that the content is in limbo. At this point there's far more wiki content that says it has been copied than actually appears on RKATS. But it is being worked on.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

OK, thanks, good to know.

Is there a test URL for the new site? So far webcast.lds.org/webcast does not work, but stream.lds.org/webcast still does.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”