Stake Leader Access

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
thejonz

Stake Leader Access

Post by thejonz »

This is an email from our Stake YW President (I'm the stake exec secretary)...

[INDENT]I have a problem that I am hoping you can help me with. I have the "LDS tools" app on my phone which is very useful for being able to contact YW in our Stake. However, I find when I look in units other than my home Ward I am restricted from seeing the youth within the families. It specifically says that I am blocked if the youth is not in my home ward. The problem is that I often do not know the parent's names of the youth in other wards, so I have to call all of the [families with the same last name] or whatever to find the youth I am looking for. Is it possible to unblock this feature for me while I am serving in this calling?
[/INDENT]
Is there a way for us to allow this? Is this a possible future feature?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

thejonz wrote:Is there a way for us to allow this?
No.
thejonz wrote:Is this a possible future feature?
They are working on upgrading certain access features such as this for some future release of the Directory. Once this capability is available for the LDS.org Directory then the developers working on LDS Tools can implement it in that application.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thejonz wrote:Is there a way for us to allow this?

All you can do is make sure she is recorded with a standard calling in the stake MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MerrillDL

Post by MerrillDL »

I don't believe any changes are necessary.

Open LDS Tools

Tap the Gear icon in the top-left corner
In the section "Directory Group By"
Choose Individuals or Family w/Children
I prefer "Individuals"
Tap "Done"

In the Top-Left, tap Units
Choose the top Entry (your Stake)
In the bottom-left, tap Directory

You now should have a complete listing of all members of your stake including youth. If you select a youth, their specific information is not available but they are listed under the parents.

Hope this helps

Return to “Membership Help”