Question: List of previous callings?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
bensonmcconkie

Question: List of previous callings?

Post by bensonmcconkie »

Is there a feature on LDS.org for me to see a list of the callings I've had? And when?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The CDOL has limited ability to do that. But you must hold a certain calling to access the CDOL.

Note that for many years the calling information did not go back to CHQ, was was strictly local.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bensonmcconkie

Post by bensonmcconkie »

So, ask my ward clerk?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bensonmcconkie wrote:So, ask my ward clerk?

It's worth a try.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bensonmcconkie

Post by bensonmcconkie »

Thanks! Will do.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

RussellHltn wrote:The CDOL has limited ability to do that. But you must hold a certain calling to access the CDOL.

Note that for many years the calling information did not go back to CHQ, was was strictly local.

I'm afraid that the ward clerk doesn't have access to any historical calling information that may be in CDOL. At least I know that I don't. I don't think that anyone at the ward or stake level does.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

eblood66 wrote:I'm afraid that the ward clerk doesn't have access to any historical calling information that may be in CDOL. At least I know that I don't. I don't think that anyone at the ward or stake level does.
I most certainly do have access to historical calling information, and I'm an assistant stake clerk. But I have a friend who is a ward executive secretary, and he doesn't. So maybe it is a stake permission.

I can click on a person's name and see other historical callings, but they seem to only include fairly important positions, such as bishop, stake presidency member, patriarch, etc. Even the calling of high councilor is not included.

I'm certain that my access to historical calling data is limited by my calling, but I don't have enough data to surmise exactly what those limitations are.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

eblood66 wrote:I'm afraid that the ward clerk doesn't have access to any historical calling information that may be in CDOL. At least I know that I don't. I don't think that anyone at the ward or stake level does.

The stake clerk might. And I know that a counselor in the stake presidency can see some. But the information is very limited and, at least until recently, only included major standard callings that were included in CDOL (bishops, stake presidents and counselors, etc.) And this would be available only for individuals in the specific stake of the leader looking in CDOL.

I do not know how far they intend to go in CDOL in capturing former callings, and if the person does not have a present calling in CDOL, historical information specifically for that person's prior callings will not be available.

I suspect your personal journal will be the best source in this type of information, at least for the past.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Currently CDOL only stores historical callings for those that show on the main summary pages. For stakes that is the stake presidency, patriarch, exec. secretary, and clerks. For wards that is the bishopric, exec. secretary and clerk. Of those the exec secretaries, clerks and bishopric counselors are newer and so only recent ones are stored.
For stake level positions you can see historical callings in your stake and all the child units.
For ward level positions you can see historical callings in your ward.
Actually you do have rights to some historical callings you just have to find the right places to look for the callings you have access to. If you look on the organization summary page you will see a historical section that you can expand. If any of the positions that look at have historical callings that you can see, you will see them.
lajackson wrote:I do not know how far they intend to go in CDOL in capturing former callings,
We have discussed maintaining a history of all callings, but that is really a 'business' decision not a developer decision. So we will have to wait until the time that they see value in doing so.
lajackson wrote: and if the person does not have a present calling in CDOL, historical information specifically for that person's prior callings will not be available.
That is not exactly true. It's just a bit harder to find it. If it is someone you know has a historical position in CDOL that you have rights to then you can search for them by name, or look in the historical section of the organization that they served in.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

JonesRK wrote:Actually you do have rights to some historical callings you just have to find the right places to look for the callings you have access to. If you look on the organization summary page you will see a historical section that you can expand. If any of the positions that look at have historical callings that you can see, you will see them.
I actually looked at that section before posting. But going back I now see that there is a large vertical space between historical unit information and the historical assignment information. Because of the extra space I didn't think there was any more information and didn't scroll down to see it.

But now that I do I see it I can see the entire list of bishops for our ward (and one counselor who was released a bit over a year ago which is only recent change in the bishopric). Nice but unfortunately it doesn't really provide the information the OP wanted.

Return to “Main Church Website”