extra callings show up in lds.org resources and directory (as compared to MLS)

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
adamteichert

extra callings show up in lds.org resources and directory (as compared to MLS)

Post by adamteichert »

As one example, a brother holds a leadership calling that he also held previously. In the Clerk Resources and in the lds.org Ward Leaders Directory, he shows up with the calling twice (with respective sustain dates). In MLS the calling shows up only once (with the most recent sustain date). Many other members show up with extra callings (previous callings, I believe) in the lds.org tools and directories as compared to what is currently recorded in MLS. Thanks for any insights.

--Adam
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Follow Correcting duplicate or missing callings, but note that you cannot do this until MLS 3.5 rolls out. That's currently scheduled for this coming Friday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
adamteichert

Post by adamteichert »

Thanks for the quick response. I'll look forward to the update then.
adamteichert

Post by adamteichert »

Thanks for the quick response. I'll look forward to the update then. :)
adamteichert

MLS doesn't show duplicates (but lds.org does) even after following the instructions

Post by adamteichert »

I followed the instructions at

http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Callings#Corre ... g_callings

But even after waiting for MLS 3.5 update, doing Unit Data Refresh, waiting for 15 min, doing a send receive and receiving the refresh, the duplicates that I'm seeing in the callings on lds.org didn't show up in MLS (so I couldn't fix the duplicates as instructed on the wiki).

Any other ideas (or clarifying questions)?

Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

adamteichert wrote:Thanks for the quick response. I'll look forward to the update then. :)
What version of MLS is your unit running?
adamteichert wrote:I followed the instructions at

But even after waiting for MLS 3.5 update, doing Unit Data Refresh, waiting for 15 min, doing a send receive and receiving the refresh, the duplicates that I'm seeing in the callings on lds.org didn't show up in MLS (so I couldn't fix the duplicates as instructed on the wiki).!
If you do not have MLS 3.5 installed the procedure in Correcting duplicate or missing callings will not work. Most units, however, have upgraded to 3.5

If you are on 3.5 you may want to follow the instructions in this post.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

adamteichert wrote:I followed the instructions at

But even after waiting for MLS 3.5 update, doing Unit Data Refresh, waiting for 15 min, doing a send receive and receiving the refresh, the duplicates that I'm seeing in the callings on lds.org didn't show up in MLS (so I couldn't fix the duplicates as instructed on the wiki).

Any other ideas (or clarifying questions)?

Thanks!
I'm looking into it. If you can PM me with details of the duplicate callings that would help. Also if you can do a send/receive or 2 before trying the additional instructions that jdlessley recommends, that will give me a current backup of your unit. That will help me work with MLS to get the bug fixed so that you can see the duplicates directly.

Note: I just looked at the newest backup that is currently at CHQ. In it I can see the duplicate Young Men Second Counselor, but I had to scroll down (or change the Show dropdown to Leadership Callings). Let me know if it is a different duplicate or if that isn't working for you.
adamteichert

Post by adamteichert »

We are using
MLS version 3.5.1_21141
(to clarify, all of my efforts to do the refresh were with versions on or after 3.5)

From callings by organization in MLS, neither scrolling down nor selecting "Leadership Only" from the "Show" menu allow me to see the duplicate (earlier) Sunday School 1st Coun. calling for M. B.

I will try to identify the other duplicates (should I email you directly?).

Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

adamteichert wrote:I will try to identify the other duplicates (should I email you directly?).

"PM me with details" means to send a Private Message (PM) through this Forum. You may easily do this by clicking on his name (JonesRK in post #6, for example) and selecting the Private Message link. That would be the easiest method to send the information.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”