Attendance in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
hiltpatr

Attendance in MLS

Post by hiltpatr »

Lately I have been thinking that it would be nice to be able to track attendance of each class within MLS. At the end of the block the attendance could be put in for each week so that the information is readily available and can be tracked with a graph like the key indicators on lds.org. Also I think this would help the ward clerk at the end of each quarter to get needed information. I don't know if there is any church policy against. What do other people think?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

hiltpatr wrote:Lately I have been thinking that it would be nice to be able to track attendance of each class within MLS. At the end of the block the attendance could be put in for each week so that the information is readily available and can be tracked with a graph like the key indicators on lds.org. Also I think this would help the ward clerk at the end of each quarter to get needed information. I don't know if there is any church policy against. What do other people think?
I don't know of any Church policy against this, but there's a lot of infrastructure that would have to be created before it could be done. MLS doesn't track attendance, and there are no back-end services for collecting and storing the attendance figures. So ths could only happen if the Church devoted resources to creating that infrastructure. It would be a helpful feature, but I doubt it's a high priority now.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Yockey

Post by Yockey »

While it isn't in MLS, and probably won't be in the near future, clerks and/or other leaders can always keep track with spreadsheets. Using your choice of software (Excel, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice), just make a spreadsheet with one sheet devoted to each class you want to track. Any kind of analysis/graphs/etc you can imagine can be done in each of these three programs. A bit of work up front to set up, and then of course you have to maintain the lists of who is in each class, but beyond that it would be pretty simple.

Unless, of course, the clerk setting this up is unfamiliar with how to operate spreadsheets. Then it could be a fun learning project, or a nightmare, depending upon your perspective. <wink>
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Way to much work for something that's not necessary to track past the organization level.
hiltpatr

Post by hiltpatr »

I'm not overly familiar with setting that up. Thank you for the advice though. I was just going to make a program but that sounds a lot easier. It's just hard in singles wards to keep everything organized so I am hoping that this will help in doing that.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”