Requested reports from auxiliaries, missionaries, etc.

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
LoganSheen1979

Requested reports from auxiliaries, missionaries, etc.

Post by LoganSheen1979 »

Is there a list anywhere of what kind of reports I shouldn't make available when requested? I think the requests that have come my way have been pretty innocuous, but I got a request for children over 8 that haven't been baptized, a list of members that don't attend meetings, among other things. I'm not sure if these or other reports are only supposed to be shared among the bishopric and auxiliary leaders, or if a missionary or other member were to come and ask for them, what's OK, and what's not...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

loganatwork wrote:Is there a list anywhere of what kind of reports I shouldn't make available when requested? I think the requests that have come my way have been pretty innocuous, but I got a request for children over 8 that haven't been baptized, a list of members that don't attend meetings, among other things. I'm not sure if these or other reports are only supposed to be shared among the bishopric and auxiliary leaders, or if a missionary or other member were to come and ask for them, what's OK, and what's not...
There's no list like this because it requires judgment. I'm guessing you are a clerk; if you are not confident that the requester should receive the information, then you should consult with your bishop. The stake clerk can also be a resource on such questions, but for a ward, the bishop is the one who would ultimately direct who can see what information.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I was just reviewing some training lessons, and found a quote that is relevant. It is on Slide 6 of The Role of the Ward Clerk:
As you fulfill your responsibilities, remember that the records of the Church are confidential.

Information from records and reports should be given only to those who are authorized by the bishop to use it.

Help those who receive this information to understand that the records of the Church are confidential and may be used only for Church-approved purposes.
So that does confirm that the bishop is the one who authorizes people to receive records and reports (and similar wording is found on slide 25 of The Role of the Stake Clerk).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Reports and Forms”