Emails not showing on LDS/Tools

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
suemra

Emails not showing on LDS/Tools

Post by suemra »

I am a RS President of a ward. I wanted to be able to email all the ladies in the ward through the Directory in LDS.org. Even though the bishopric can get access and see all the ladies emails, I am NOT able to see quite a few of them. Can someone help me understand how I can see those emails?
Thanks, Suzanne
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

suemra wrote:I am a RS President of a ward. I wanted to be able to email all the ladies in the ward through the Directory in LDS.org. Even though the bishopric can get access and see all the ladies emails, I am NOT able to see quite a few of them. Can someone help me understand how I can see those emails?

Individual members can set their privacy settings for who can see various parts of their personal information (phone number, email address, photo). The choices are stake visibility, ward visibility, and leadership only. "Leadership" in this context means just the bishopric, clerks, and executive secretary (and similar callings at the stake level).

If members have chosen the "leadership only" visibility setting, then you simply can't see those email addresses. Your only options would be to ask them to change their visibility setting (which they may not want to do), or to ask the bishop if he is comfortable sharing those email addresses with you, even though the visibility is set to "leadership only."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I would have though RS President would have been considered a ward leader, but I guess not. Thanks for the clarification.

Another option you might consider is asking the bishop to send out your email communication. Depending on what you want to send, he might find it appropriate and could word the message in a way that it's from the Bishop and RS president.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

mevans wrote:I would have though RS President would have been considered a ward leader, but I guess not. Thanks for the clarification.
"You can send an e-mail message to various groups defined in the directory. Available groups include high priests, elders, Relief Society, priests, teachers, deacons, laurels, mia maids, beehives, and all adults." It also has a leadership option. Which could be used effectively by Bishopric.

"Priesthood leaders with access to Leader Resources or Clerk Resources can also use the Send a Message feature within those tools to send messages to various groups.":)
I am an executive Secretary and this is 1 of three great resources to leadership to get emails out. Thank you so very much . A great tool! It does seem like a leader of an organization having rights to send to there respective organization and or teachers would be a great addition. Would that be coming in any future versions?:o
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:It does seem like a leader of an organization having rights to send to there respective organization and or teachers would be a great addition. Would that be coming in any future versions?:o

The Directory on LDS.org already allows anyone in the ward (including organization leaders, of course) to send an email to either the leaders (which actually includes everyone with a calling in that organization) or to the members of the organization.

The first option is under "Ward Leaders"; select the organization (such as "Relief Society") and then click the link near the top of the right-hand column labeled "Email Relief Society Leaders".

The second option is under "Ward Organizations"; select the organization (such as "Relief Society") and then click the link near the top of the right-hand column labeled "Email all Relief Society".

Exactly which email addresses are included does depend on the visibility settings individual members have set for their email addresses in their household profile, as well as the access rights of the person doing the sending.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”