Unit calendar converted to stake calendar; unable to revert

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
danksnelson

Unit calendar converted to stake calendar; unable to revert

Post by danksnelson »

Greetings:

When I only had unit-level calendar rights, I created a Young Men calendar for our unit, with myself as editor (by name), along with various other editors (by calling).

I now also have stake-level calendar rights, and this morning I removed myself as an editor from the Young Men unit calendar and the Young Men unit calendar was converted into a stake calendar and I see no way to revert it to a unit-level calendar.

Thoughts? Thanks.

--
Dan
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dksnelson wrote:I now also have stake-level calendar rights

What kind of stake-level rights do you have? Are you an administrator or just a calendar editor? Since you were editing access rights for a ward-level calendar, it seems clear that at the ward level you do have administrator rights.
dksnelson wrote:I removed myself as an editor from the Young Men unit calendar and the Young Men unit calendar was converted into a stake calendar and I see no way to revert it to a unit-level calendar.

Very few people have both ward and stake level rights (I certainly don't), so it's a bit challenging to try to duplicate this problem. But here are some ideas:
  • When you edit the calendar (Settings > Calendars > click on the underlined calendar name), under "This calendar is for:" do you see just a radio button for the stake, or is there also a ward option? If there's a ward option, then you would just select that and save. But I'm guessing that option is not there, or you would have figured this out already.
  • In the past, I've heard that when a calendar is converted from a ward calendar to a stake calendar, it sometimes gets put in the state of being a "Pending Calendar" (the same as if some non-administrator had created it as a proposed calendar that still needs to be approved by an administrator). When you look under Settings > Calendars, does this calendar seem to be a full-fledged stake calendar now, or is it pending? If you're not a stake-level administrator, you would need to get a stake administrator to help you with that question.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”