Calendar - ward split

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
reedcarr

Calendar - ward split

Post by reedcarr »

Similarly, I manage a calendar and it sends out email reminders. A few months ago our ward created a new ward, taking members form our and other wards. Those members continue to receive email reminders for my and other calendars even though they are not in our ward.
I have tried to walk them through going to settings and unsubscribing to the calendars, but because they are not in our ward, they are not seeing our calendars. Any ideas of how to help them?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

reedcarr wrote: A few months ago our ward created a new ward, taking members form our and other wards. Those members continue to receive email reminders for my and other calendars even though they are not in our ward.
I have tried to walk them through going to settings and unsubscribing to the calendars, but because they are not in our ward, they are not seeing our calendars.

This has been discussed in other threads, but my search skills are weak.

Those who have moved need to Sign In to lds.org and start the calendar. That Sign In seems to trigger something at the server level that recognizes they have moved. After that they should no longer receive notices about the calendars from their former ward.

This seems to work even though they cannot see the former calendars. If you got them to the calendar Subscriptions page, even though they could not see those calendars, the trigger should have take place, and they should no longer be receiving the unwanted emails.

If this did not work, they will need to work with their ward and stake clerk to contact Local Unit Support and resolve the matter. There may be some special issues because the ward they now belong to is new. Of there may still be a glitch in the transfer process.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

lajackson is correct. Until the member logs into lds.org Calendar is not able to detect that they have been moved to another ward or unit. Let us know if that fixes the problem.
Thanks. --LisaAn
QA Engineer

Return to “Calendar”