Putting Photos in

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
WWS36

Putting Photos in

Post by WWS36 »

Is anyone having success in getting Photos in the Directory? If so, HOW??? It is surprising to me that the members don't know how to do this even tho they have a Facebook page! Facebook is scaring the daylights out of the 'old timers'. They don't want ID Theft, etc. One member wrote and asked 'Where is the Letter From Pres. Monson that says we do this"! I told him it was his membership number on top of his Temple Recommend! <Grin> (Probably shouldn't have done that!):o
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

In our stake, we've had some people who have uploaded photos themselves, but that's well under 10%. Where there has been significant success in this area, wards have assigned someone to take photos and upload them. Some wards have done this at tithing settlement time, and others have just set up a place to take pictures before and after the Sunday meeting block. When someone has the assignment, the task gets done more systematically and completely, and the results are more consistent (in terms of lighting, background, and cropping).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mevans

Post by mevans »

WWS36 wrote:Is anyone having success in getting Photos in the Directory? If so, HOW???

Subtlecoolness mentioned some success in getting people to upload photos in this post.
rbenallie

Putting in photos

Post by rbenallie »

Nobody answered his question about how to upload photos!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rbenallie wrote:Nobody answered his question about how to upload photos!
I think the OP's issue was more along the lines of how to get members to upload photos.

Actually uploading photos is a simple process that a user is guided through by popup messages and dialog boxes. I was not able to find instructions in the Directory Help. I suspect it is not there because it appears to be relatively easy and intuitive. I am listing the steps I used below.
  1. Sign on to LDS.org
  2. Go to the Directory by clicking Directory in the Tools menu.
  3. Click "My Household" in the left menu pane of the Directory page.
  4. Click the "Edit" button in the right pane just above the household information.
  5. Click the "Add a Photo" link below the photo placeholder or the "Change" link below a displayed photo.
  6. Read and acknowledge the upload guidelines on the "Upload Guidelines" popup. Click the "Continue" button to continue.
  7. Read the "Single Photo Upload" instructions and click "Select Photo" to continue.
  8. Select the photo file on your computer or external media connected to your computer through the "Select file(s) to upload by www.lds.org" dialog box
  9. Once the photo files is selected and displayed in the "Multiple Photo Upload" popup click the "Upload Now" button.
  10. When the upload is complete the photo file will have a green circle on the far right side of the popup window. Click the "Done" button.
Photos will only be viewable by your household and administrators until and administrator approves the photo(s) you have uploaded.

Upload steps for administrators are slightly different. But as with the single photo upload for a member, the process is directed by popup instructions and dialog boxes.

Note for Firefox users. You will need to use another browser to upload photos. You will receive a popup reminder should you forget and try to upload photos using Firefox. The Firefox photo upload issue is being worked on by the developers.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”