Locked out of MLS

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
WWS36

Locked out of MLS

Post by WWS36 »

How long are you 'locked out' if you mess up 3 times on your MLS login attempts?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I didn't think MLS used such a lock. Sure it wasn't a Windows lock?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

WWS36 wrote:How long are you 'locked out' if you mess up 3 times on your MLS login attempts?
I've never known MLS to have a "lock out" feature. I can enter an incorrect password as often as I want and when I finally enter the correct password, I am allowed access. I'm running this on MLS 3.4.3 with the test data, but I would doubt that it would be different with live data.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There have been cases of the MLS user list disappearing, but that's a different issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

WWS36 wrote:How long are you 'locked out' if you mess up 3 times on your MLS login attempts?

I would suspect this is an issue with logging into the desktop, and the length of time you would be locked out would depend on the security settings in Windows. I do not know what the default is, and it can be changed.

I have never been locked out of MLS while trying to log in, except when I totally forgot my password.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I would suspect this is an issue with logging into the desktop, and the length of time you would be locked out would depend on the security settings in Windows. I do not know what the default is, and it can be changed.
When I looked at our set up, I think it was only 5 or 15 minutes or so.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”