Complete LDS Works preinstalled into .ipa?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jamesryanmoat

Complete LDS Works preinstalled into .ipa?

Post by jamesryanmoat »

I have had an older couple ask me how they could get the complete standard works downloaded onto their iPad. They do not have internet access, the town is small and although few people have fast Internet, I don't know of any wireless networks that they could use to connect the iPad to. I live an hour and a half away, and would need to take it with me if I needed to download the content wirelessly.
Is there a way to get the .ipa file with all of the LDS content already preinstalled into an iTunes .ipa? I could just drag it into iTunes that way... I think. What would you suggest would be the easiest way to get all of the content for a situation like this?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

No Starbucks, McDonald's or other store with free wifi?

A tablet without any Internet access seems rather limiting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jamesryanmoat

Post by jamesryanmoat »

RussellHltn wrote:No Starbucks, McDonald's or other store with free wifi?

A tablet without any Internet access seems rather limiting.

Sadly, not at all. One of those very small Utah towns that not even all people from Utah have heard of. I guess there is a McDonalds 30 miles away. I could probably do that.

Yes, a tablet without Internet access does seem quite limiting. At least for me, it would be too limiting. Haha.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jamesryanmoat wrote:I have had an older couple ask me how they could get the complete standard works downloaded onto their iPad.

This doesn't answer the .ipa question, but might they do this at the meetinghouse if it has WiFi? [Just a wild thought!]

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”