No individual email address, default to household one?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
geekiemommie

No individual email address, default to household one?

Post by geekiemommie »

When I click on Ward Organizations, and then select an organization to send an email to, I wish it would default to the Household's email address if one doesn't exist under an Individual.

Any plans of this? I know many older couples in our ward, who I made register on lds.org, have it set up like this. It will be hard to go back and help them all fix this.

I wish Website Admin's had the right to edit this info ;)

Thanks for your time!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brendalisa wrote:I wish Website Admin's had the right to edit this info ;)
Talk to one of your clerks about that. They can input the email.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

I think Website Admin's should have this right, too. It sure would be nice! Our clerk is not nearly into technology as I am.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sorry, but that's considered part of the membership record, so only clerks and bishoprics can edit it. It's not the developers that decide those things.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

But I just want it to use the Household's email address, if one doesn't exist for an individual. That is a programming thing, not a clerk thing, right? :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brendalisa wrote:But I just want it to use the Household's email address, if one doesn't exist for an individual. That is a programming thing, not a clerk thing, right? :)

Yes, that would be a programming thing. The only thing a clerk could do is copy the household email into the individual.

lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I have added this a feature enhancement for Calendar (reference 3446). Thanks for the suggestion.
QA Engineer
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Thanks LisaAn, but wouldn't this be a Directory thing, not a Calendar thing?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Oops, typo. Yes, it's a Directory thing (reference 1570). Sorry.
QA Engineer

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”