administrator rights

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
david.dunston

administrator rights

Post by david.dunston »

I see that a "Stake Website Administrator" automatically receives administrator rights.

Can a Stake have more than one Stake Website Administrator?
... or the question might be phrased ...
Can the Church web interface create two Stake Website AdministratorS?

Thanks,

David
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

david.dunston wrote:Can a Stake have more than one Stake Website Administrator?

Sure. There is no technical limit to the number of people who can be given the standard calling of Stake Website Administrator. Those given that calling join the list of other default administrator, which inclues at least 5 and generally more (the stake presidency, stake executive secretary, stake clerk, and any assistant stake clerks).
david.dunston wrote:... or the question might be phrased ...
Can the Church web interface create two Stake Website AdministratorS?

I wouldn't phrase it that way. There's currently no way to use the web interface to give people the calling of Stake Website Administrator (although that is supposedly "coming soon"). Callings are entered in MLS at this point. A couple of the tools have ways to manually add other administrators (Calendar and Newsletter), but that's not the same as creating a Stake Website Administrator.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
david.dunston

Post by david.dunston »

I have been assigned by the Stake President to manage the Stake Calendar. I am only a High Councilor thus I do not have full Stake Website Administration privileges.

What would be the best way to gain access to those privileges?

I would assume I should talk to the Stake Clerk, but what specific "website function" would be a good solution.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have the stake clerk place in in the proper standardized calling in the stake MLS. After the send/receive, you'll have to wait a couple of days before you get your rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

For the calendar, the simplest approach is to ask the stake clerk to add you as an administrator. Then you'll be able to so everything on the calendar except add other administrators. And you'll have the administrative permissions immediately.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
david.dunston

wow

Post by david.dunston »

Wow, Thanks for such quick responses.

Very helpful!

Return to “Calendar”