color

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
david.dunston

color

Post by david.dunston »

I understand that "Each calendar and location has its own color icon. You can change these colors. The changes affect your view only, not the entire ward or stake's view."

but...

I was just put in charge of the Stake calendar. Is there a way where I can ever effect, at least what the initial colors are, that come up on the Stake calendar?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

david.dunston wrote:I was just put in charge of the Stake calendar. Is there a way where I can ever effect, at least what the initial colors are, that come up on the Stake calendar?
No, you can't. The colors are distributed based on what calendars the user has selected to subscribe to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ronalines

Color Backgrounds

Post by ronalines »

I'm wondering why some of my events have background color while others do not. I'm using the latest Chrome to view and manage. I first noticed this while working with events. Some events that I enter or edit are just fine. They have the background color of my Branch. Others, when I enter or edit, have only text which is light and washed out. How can I ensure that each event has a background color? Thanks!
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

ronalines wrote:I'm wondering why some of my events have background color while others do not. I'm using the latest Chrome to view and manage. I first noticed this while working with events. Some events that I enter or edit are just fine. They have the background color of my Branch. Others, when I enter or edit, have only text which is light and washed out. How can I ensure that each event has a background color? Thanks!
The events with a colorful background are all day events. Those with only colorful text are hourly events. You can control the colors of these events by changing the color associated with the calendar on which the events are saved. The color menu can be found by clicking on the down arrow next the calendar's name in the Subscribed Calendars list.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Also viewing the calendar in the weekly view rather than the monthly view gives you more colors. :)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

TinMan wrote:Also viewing the calendar in the weekly view rather than the monthly view gives you more colors. :)
???? I get the same 42 colors in both month and week view.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Sorry to confuse you. If you look in the weekly view, you can see more events than in the monthly view, thus see more of the 42 colors.

Thus the smiley face at the end of my post. I never have gotten the hang of those face things.

;)

Return to “Calendar”