Church sites for mobile users

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
greenwoodkl

Church sites for mobile users

Post by greenwoodkl »

Is there any group currently working on or researching developing Church Internet resources for mobile phones - not only mobile content, but mobile-friendly web UI in the form of mobile versions of sites, etc? I don't currently own a web-enabled mobile device, but I anticipate I will in the next few years and that the world will become more mobile. Is the new structure of LDS.org and other Church content in XML or another format that could be easily styled for mobile users?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Yes, we have done a fair amount of research in this field. Since I'm not directly involved with this group, I can't speak on any specifics. The other thing to consider with mobile technology is that in some parts of the world, that is how people connect to the Internet.

Tom
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

YES! LUWS would be much more useful if it could be accessed from a mobile phone. I'm sure far more members have web-enabled cell phones then laptops or PDAs that could get a wireless connection. That would make LUWS accessible immediately as questions come up in meetings.
wherewillyou-p40

Post by wherewillyou-p40 »

In the mean time we really need The Book of Mormon in J2ME format. I know it would be a huge hit if anyone with a java phone could read the BOM at any time from their phone. Nothing fancy need just basic text and ability to bookmark.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”