Lesson Schedule Needs Automation

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
noctufaber

Lesson Schedule Needs Automation

Post by noctufaber »

I was trying to setup lesson schedules and was disappointed that it lacks the ability to automatically "reflow" the lessons around events like stake and general conference. To manually go through each sunday and specify each lesson is tedious. When multiplied with the number of different classes to manage, I feel that the tool requires too much work to use. Also, when trying to delete a class I got a JavaScript alert box with the error "Service error detected. The session may have timed out."

On the plus side I was impressed with how snappy the tool worked. It seemed to not require full page reloads after each interaction (like most web 1.0 apps).
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

This is a known issue and will be addressed in a future release of Lesson Schedules.
QA Engineer
ryanlewis

Post by ryanlewis »

LisaAn wrote:This is a known issue and will be addressed in a future release of Lesson Schedules.
Is there a published timeline for this feature? As it stands I am having a very difficult time getting people to use this resource because of the difficulty in setting up the calendars. We did a fair amount of work the beginning of the year getting the lessons to line up, but because we didn't know about the Brigham City Temple dedication when we set up the calendars, our lesson schedules are all off again. Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ryanlewis wrote:Is there a published timeline for this feature?

The church rarely publishes timelines.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”