Create Shortcut, How To

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
RBY7

Create Shortcut, How To

Post by RBY7 »

I am fairly new to Android mobile computing using an Asus Transformer Infinity (and loving it) and I am also serving as an observer on the GLA development team.
As such I am running the latest APK release version to help find bugs in the code.
When I am running such a release, I understand that I am to delete the current public release, which I do.
My problem is that leaves me no way to start the Beta release version from the Android Home page as the Gospel Library shortcut is removed along with the current public release version.
The only way I have been able to get the app started is to go to the Google Play store and start it from there, but that action does not install a Home page shortcut..
So I would like to have a Gospel Library app shortcut on the Home page to start the app. Can someone instruct me as to how to create a shortcut for the Beta version installed with a directly downloaded APK?
Rich
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

i assume you're running android 4.1 (jelly bean). go to the list of apps by pushing the cluster of dots at the top right of your home screen. find the gospel library app icon. long press on it and you will be able to put a shortcut on the home page.
RBY7

Post by RBY7 »

Thank you so very much. Easy when you know how, huh?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”