Single adults

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
dprice-p40

Single adults

Post by dprice-p40 »

I noticed this week, as I was preparing to call a person to a YSA / SA position, that there is no section under "Serving in the Church" for Single Adults and Young Single Adults. Is there a place on the church website that I haven't found with YSA / SA guidelines? ...instructions for leaders? Did I just miss it?
Given the large numbers of YSA / SA in our unit (and presumably in the rest of the church), such a section would seem appropriate.
Thanks,
Dave Price
Mt. Pleasant IA Branch
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Link

(It's under Melchizedek Priesthood)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Single Members Guidelines on lds.org refer to 1998 CHI

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Link

(It's under Melchizedek Priesthood)

It was interesting to follow that link to the Single Members section on lds.org and find multiple references to Book 1 of the Church Handbook of Instructions -- the 1998 edition. The 2006 edition is of course the current one and has been out for well over a year now.

I'm sure keeping all of lds.org up to date is a Herculean task, but it would probably be good to fix this, since the old handbooks are supposed to have all been destroyed and most of the page number references will no longer be correct for the new edition.
dprice-p40

Post by dprice-p40 »

Okay -- I see. I would not have thought to find single adult guidance in that section, given the vast majority of our singles are single sisters.
Also, almost everything on the webpage just says 'go to the GHI Book 1' -- which is not particularly helpful to the rest of the church membership who don't have access to Book 1 (especially including those who are called to serve singles). There is nothing on the webpage to help those I extended a call to this weekend.
I would hope that somebody is developing content for these pages. Let's not forget President Benson's declaration that “We see you [single members] as a vital part of the mainstream body of the Church" and the First Presidency message in the August 2007 Ensign. Thanks,
Dave
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At one time I think there were materials that quoted the relevant sections of the CHI that was suitable for handing to Single Member leaders. Not sure what the status of that is anymore.

Return to “Main Church Website”