October General Conference Languages

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
ellenburgoyne

October General Conference Languages

Post by ellenburgoyne »

I have non-member friends coming from France Conference weekend. They will get nothing out of conference if I cannot get some language help. Is it possible to get French Subtitles on BYU-tv or on the church website during conference?

Otherwise can I get it in French with English Subtitles? This would be way more difficult for my family of course. The first option would be so great.

Anyone help me?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

According to this article, conference will be available live in 16 languages (including French) at conference.lds.org; French is also an option for a Roku channel.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ellenburgoyne

Post by ellenburgoyne »

Thank you. Yes, I understand that, but I am looking for listening in English and having French Subtitles. Can anyone help me with that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think the best you can do at home is to have you watch separate streams. They watch French from conference.lds.org and you watch English from your usual source.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ellenburgoyne wrote:I am looking for listening in English and having French Subtitles. Can anyone help me with that?

If you are at home, I think RussellHltn is correct. You will need two separate streams. I am not aware of anything that would allow normal English viewing with French subtitles, or vice versa.

Most browsers support multiple windows. If your bandwidth is sufficient, I suppose you could watch English video and audio in one window and stream French audio in another, but I suspect the synchronization might be a problem.

And you would still have the human challenge of picking out the audio on which to concentrate.

Return to “General Discussions”