Bishop and leader spouses no show.

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
hiltpatr

Bishop and leader spouses no show.

Post by hiltpatr »

In the YSA Stakes and Wards there is an issue with the Bishops and their spouses. The bishops and leaders don't show up in the online directory other than in the leader callings area. Their spouses don't show up anywhere and therefore cannot see the ward website. Any ideas on if there is a problem on our end or how to fix this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I am not certain as to why an out of unit leader is not listed in the "Ward Households" section of the directory. I assume that since they appear in the "Ward Leaders" section of the directory that they have an out of unit record created and are assigned to a position (calling) in MLS.

My testing indicates that even though an out of unit record is created, it is possible to save the record without designating whether the out of unit member is a head of household or not. I am guessing if they are not identified to be head of household or member of another household then the online directory does not know where to put them.

My recommendation is to check their out of unit record and make sure that the "yes" radio button is selected for "Is this individual the head of household?"

Spouses and family will not be listed in the directory because they do not have a record in the unit. The wiki article Temporary membership record has an out of date section titled "Connection to LUWS". It addresses the classic LUWS and how to add a spouse to the out of unit leader's record in MLS to create a household. I don't know if that would work to get the spouse access to the directory or not. I would try it to see what happens. Make sure the out of unit leader record has him as head of household so that a spouse can be added.

I am guessing that making the out of unit leader the head of household and adding his spouse may create a household in the online directory and include his spouse. I am also not certain his spouse will then have access to the YSA online directory, but she might.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Not listing an Out of Unit leader in the general household list in Directory is by design. This is not their home ward, ergo they are not part of the households list. The leader appears in the leadership listing because a out of unit record has been created for him in the unit he is serving in. Since this record does not exist for the spouse, the spouse does not show up on any list. Creating an out of unit record is covered here https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Out_of_unit_r ... it_records and is done through MLS.
QA Engineer

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”