General Conference on XBMC

This forum will hold posts about new technologies and how they could be or are being used to benefit the Church.
viltsu

General Conference on XBMC

Post by viltsu »

Needed something to do for today so I made general conference plugin to the XBMC. Sources can be found here. Finnish language is available at the moment only in the newest (October 2011) conference, but I'm guessing that it will be available also in the future releases.

This should work on all platforms that have xbmc, but I've only tested it on linux (ubuntu 11.10). Hope you like it :)
bloeper

Post by bloeper »

Awesome - so far so good. A few questions:

1) Does this work for live conferences?
2) Could this be adapted to do the scripture stories videos? (here: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?l ... 6f620aRCRD )
Beanholio

Post by Beanholio »

This is awesome!! Thank you so much for putting this together!!
viltsu

Post by viltsu »

No problem at all :)

New version now supports the changes in 2012 conference.

@bloeper
1) At the moment it's not possible to watch live, but I'll see if it's possible to include.
2) The same kind of way could be used for those videos also, but that might be better to include in an another plugin.
shawndowler

Post by shawndowler »

It would really be awesome to watch the live stream through XBMC. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make that work? I think it's an rtmp stream, but it gets bounced around a hundred times and I can't figure out what the final URL should be.

Great job on the plugin!
viltsu

Post by viltsu »

I had the exact same problem. If the final actual url to the stream could be found adding it to the plugin would be trivial. Another issue with this was that there where many notices on the way that the steam should not be used without permissions. I did write to them about 6 moths ago, but have not yet received an answer. Might have to ask again :-)
viltsu

Post by viltsu »

Ah finally got it :) There is now version in the github that supports live view. Quality of the feed is bad but at last it should be working.
viltsu

Post by viltsu »

I took away the live feature. Since I'm not yet 100% sure I could use it in the plugin.
sharlonmartes

Re: General Conference on XBMC

Post by sharlonmartes »

hi vltsu are you still working on the add-on?
neufferj

Re: General Conference on XBMC

Post by neufferj »

Check out this new XBMC plugin that has BYU TV, Mormon Channel, and lds.org. https://github.com/NitroCSIA/plugin.vid ... s/releases

Return to “Emerging Technologies”