Hidden Calendar events, not showing until you go to book something

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
andrea.booyse

Hidden Calendar events, not showing until you go to book something

Post by andrea.booyse »

I am the Stake Building Coordinator and have an issue a few times, where I am subscribed to all ward and Stake calendars and should be able to see all events that have been reserved. Two times now, I have looked at the calendar and in the reservations area to check if a date is available, and then when I go to book the event, it pops up with it saying there is a conflict and lists the event and the person who put it on the calendar, but yet it does not show up on any calendar and I check multiple devices such as my Ipad, Computer, Smartphone, and none of them show that event either. Does anyone know why that is happening, or how I can fix it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

andrea.booyse wrote:I am the Stake Building Coordinator and have an issue a few times, where I am subscribed to all ward and Stake calendars and should be able to see all events that have been reserved. Two times now, I have looked at the calendar and in the reservations area to check if a date is available, and then when I go to book the event, it pops up with it saying there is a conflict and lists the event and the person who put it on the calendar, but yet it does not show up on any calendar and I check multiple devices such as my Ipad, Computer, Smartphone, and none of them show that event either. Does anyone know why that is happening, or how I can fix it?
It's entirely possible that the event is on a private calendar that you are not a viewer of, which would certainly explain why you can't find it on any calendar. However, even a private event that books a room should appear on the Reservations calendar (with the title "Private Event"). If you indeed have checked the Reservation area each time this has happened and didn't see the conflicting event, then I don't know how it could be happening, unless the conflicting event gets scheduled between the time you looked at the Reservations page and the time you saw the conflict.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Are you looking at events in week view on all those devices? Week view provides you the visibility to events, including those on private calendars as aebrown described, that have resources scheduled for calendar locations. Month view only shows you events on calendars that you are subscribed to.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

andrea.booyse wrote:I am the Stake Building Coordinator and have an issue a few times, where I am subscribed to all ward and Stake calendars

Note that you can only subscribe to your wards calendars. It's not possible to subscribe to all the wards in the stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
andrea.booyse

Post by andrea.booyse »

Thanks dshepher...that fixed the issue. I didn't realize that weekly view would allow me to see private events as well...wish that were the case on the monthly calendar as well.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

andrea.booyse wrote:I didn't realize that weekly view would allow me to see private events as well...wish that were the case on the monthly calendar as well.
There is not enough screen real estate to display all reservations and all events possible in the month view. It gets pretty crowded in week view as it is.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”