Cannot Create Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dmbaughman

Cannot Create Calendar

Post by dmbaughman »

I attempted to create a calendar for the Teachers Quorum within my ward calendar, and I was given an error message that said "name must be unique". I tried about several different names, all of which I'm pretty sure are unique to my ward, and was given the same error each time.

Do I need special permissions to create a calendar? I'm the Teachers Quorum advisor (1st counselor in the YM presidency), though I was just called a few weeks ago.

Settings
---------
- Create calendar under ward (not stake)
- Make visible to entire ward
- Added Teachers quorum presidency and all teachers quorum leaders to view/edit
- Tried the following names:
Teachers Quorum
TeachersQuorum
Teachers/Varsity Scouts
Varsity
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dmbaughman wrote:Do I need special permissions to create a calendar?
No, anyone can create a calendar. At least that is the way it is suppose to work. It does not immediately become available to view or use until approved by an administrator.
dmbaughman wrote:I was given an error message that said "name must be unique".
Did you look over all the calendars already created in the Subscriptions page? What browser are you using? Have you tried to create the calendar with another browser or on another computer?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

The names you tried could very easily exist already as they are fairly common names. As jdlessley suggested please check the Subscriptions page for a list of all available calendars in your ward and stake.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dmbaughman wrote:I attempted to create a calendar for the Teachers Quorum within my ward calendar, and I was given an error message that said "name must be unique". I tried about several different names, all of which I'm pretty sure are unique to my ward, and was given the same error each time.

Another possibility to be aware of is that names that were used by calendars that have been deleted in the last 14 days can also cause this error message. Also, any calendar submitted by anyone that is pending approval could cause a name conflict. Only a calendar administrator could check out these possibilities. They seem unlikely in this case, particularly since you tried 4 different names, but I thought I'd mention it for completeness.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”