Revising stake leadership directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
juniper735w

Revising stake leadership directory

Post by juniper735w »

I am new to stake web site admin. I cannot access a screen that will permit revisions in the stake leadership listings. Clicking on "leadership directory" from the admin page just takes me to the online membership directories without option to revise. Do stake leadership listings port ONLY from the existing MLS calling data, or can I update names and callings manually at the stake web site admin level? If the latter, how do I do that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

fortsill1954 wrote:Do stake leadership listings port ONLY from the existing MLS calling data
Assuming you are talking about the new directory and not the old classic directory, the answer is "yes".

If you're talking about the old classic, then I'd recommend turning off the directory so that it points to the new one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
juniper735w

Post by juniper735w »

Thank you for the reply. Yes, we do have the old classic directory turned off. Only the new one is visible. And thus, you are essentially saying then that to change the stake leadership listings, one must first make those changes in MLS, and the changes will then subsequently appear in the online stake directory. Correct? Thank you very much for the assistance, and the patience.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

fortsill1954 wrote:And thus, you are essentially saying then that to change the stake leadership listings, one must first make those changes in MLS, and the changes will then subsequently appear in the online stake directory. Correct? Thank you very much for the assistance, and the patience.

That's the theory. There have been problems in the past, so it may be out of sync. To fix that, follow Correcting duplicate or missing callings. But you'll have to wait for MLS 3.5 to come out first.

But yes, the Stake MLS (for stake callings) and Ward MLS (for ward callings) is the gateway for making changes to the leadership roster.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”