Member shows - does not show

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
showseason

Member shows - does not show

Post by showseason »

I have a senior sister who shows up on the MLS membership list but not in the MLS Relief Society list. In her membership record she is shown as being in the Relief Society organization. Not sure why she does not show in the RS list.

On top of this, she does not show in on-line clerk resources at all, either in the RS organization list or even on the membership list. As I said her record does show in MLS.

Appreciate any thoughts.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would check that her record is OK. In particular, look at the birth date. Just out of curiosity, is she 100 or older? (thinking about a Y2K-like problem)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
showseason

Post by showseason »

RussellHltn wrote:Just out of curiosity, is she 100 or older? (thinking about a Y2K-like problem)

The age is 75. I meet with Membership Clerk in the morning and we'll dig deeper to see if something jumps out at us.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I just have to ask the obvious questions. Is she a member? Or is she a nonmember spouse with a temporary membership record?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
showseason

Post by showseason »

All's well that ends well?
Sept 6 – Move in of Sister Smith. IOS printed and has movein date of 9/6
Sept 13 – Updated her record with new phone number provided by Relief Society
Sept 23 – Relief Society notified me Sister Smith was not on their organization list
Sept 24 – Checking Clerk resources, I could not find the sister AND she had disappeared from the move in list
Sept 24 – Checked MLS and the sister’s record was there but she did not show on MLS RS list
Sept 27 – Signed on MLS and did send / receive. Sister Smith’s records showed up with a new move in date of Sept 26. New record has the updated phone number I put in two weeks back. The move out list does not show her record as ever moving out.
All is OK again I guess.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

showseason wrote:Sept 6 – Move in of Sister Smith. IOS printed and has movein date of 9/6
Was the move-in a push or a pull? If you requested the record, there may have been a delay before the actual move-in was processed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
showseason

Post by showseason »

The record was not requested. One of the mysteries of the kingdom?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”