Directory to show leaders, non-members etc... in YSA Ward

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sphan

Directory to show leaders, non-members etc... in YSA Ward

Post by sphan »

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it's possible for the directory to show our leadership (High Priests, Bishopric, etc..) and a few non-members that have been in our ward. It's a long story with the non-member but their eternagators if you want to call it that.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The data for the membership information in the directory is provided by CMIS (Church Membership Information System). Member and nonmember family member information resides in a member's record. To include nonmembers is not possible without a member record either for themselves, a member spouse record, or a member parent record (for minor child).

Directories printed from MLS can include nonmembers but with the limitations addressed in the Nonmember records section of the Temporary membership record article in the wiki.

Position information (callings) in the directory are supplied by CDOL (Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders).

Your leadership will be displayed in the directory if they have an out of unit record in your local unit MLS. Note that in order to be added to a leadership position in MLS and displayed in that position in the directory, priesthood ordinance information must be recorded on the record.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sphan wrote:I was wondering if it's possible for the directory to show our leadership (High Priests, Bishopric, etc..)
If they've been properly entered as a out-of-unit member with the proper callings, I'd expect them to at least show up in the leadership section.

sphan wrote:and a few non-members that have been in our ward. It's a long story with the non-member but their eternagators if you want to call it that.
The MLS manual says "Create a nonmember record only when the nonmember is related to a member of your ward and you have the permission of the nonmember." I've seen other places where a non-member should be done only to complete a household.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sphan

Post by sphan »

Sorry I should have clarified this is the directory through lds.org where you can print pictures with it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I was talking about the same directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

And so was I. MLS is the input source for a unit's membership into CMIS and CDOL. CMIS and CDOL provide data to the online directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sphan

Post by sphan »

Okay thanks for the clarification.
I am trying to make a photo directory though, and is there any way to assign photos to the leadership?

I've created a profile or record for a non-member it possible does show in the directory but not the photo directory.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sphan wrote:I am trying to make a photo directory though, and is there any way to assign photos to the leadership?

I believe that has to be done in their home ward.

cognifloyd

Post by cognifloyd »

Correct. You can help each leader log in and upload a photo, but their home ward bishopric has to approve it. Pain? Yes. But it should work.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”