IntraBuilding Video/Audio

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
rolandc

IntraBuilding Video/Audio

Post by rolandc »

Is the a basic document on the how to's of say a Camera in the chapel and watching in in RS, Primary and maybe some other rooms? Kinda fuzzy on what channels are what.

I have been all through the WiKi and did not see it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It really depends on what has been set up for your building. Typically you'll have one channel for the English satellite broadcast. If equipped, you may have other channels to cover other languages.

Many buildings have a video in jack in the chapel that will also feed the system on another channel. It will pull audio from the sound system. All you have to do is get composite video into that jack. Note that many TVs will not tune that channel until there is valid video on that channel.

An RCA jack on the stand is likely video out. You need to look for a jack toward the back or sides of the chapel.

Because of local channels, I'm not sure as the channel lineup is standardized. You'll just have to explore. But I think you'll find everything between channels 2 and 13 inclusive. If you can get a look at the satellite rack, you can see how many modulators you have and what channels they are set to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:If you can get a look at the satellite rack, you can see how many modulators you have and what channels they are set to.
If your FM people were kind they will have labeled the the modulators with not only the channel but also the language as applicable and the camera feed as applicable. If that has not been done you can do some testing and label them yourself.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

RussellHltn wrote: Note that many TVs will not tune that channel until there is valid video on that channel.
That actually answers the root of my original question.

I have already located all the jacks in the building. Is there a switch somewhere that tells the overflow camera input to turn on? Or does it just go active when a PROPER signal is applied?
Roland
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rolandc wrote:TIs there a switch somewhere that tells the overflow camera input to turn on? Or does it just go active when a PROPER signal is applied?
The modulator is always on. Once a signal from a camera is supplied a signal is transmitted across the system.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rolandc wrote:Is there a switch somewhere that tells the overflow camera input to turn on? Or does it just go active when a PROPER signal is applied?

I think you'll find it's always on, it's just that most TVs ignore that channel until it finds a video signal. If you can find a old TV with the mechanical tuners, you'll probably find the video is black instead of the usual static. You may be able to force a newer TV to that channel by using the remote to go direct with the number pad. But you may have to turn off the "blue screen" in order to see what's really there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”