Church Federal Tax ID Number?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
blackcab99-p40

Church Federal Tax ID Number?

Post by blackcab99-p40 »

Does the Church have a Federal Tax ID number?

The store, REI, wants to donate scouting supplies to our scout troops. However, they can only donate to non-profit organizations, which we are.

They need the Church's Fed. ID# for their records. Who can I call if no one has the answer? Is there a church 1-800 number?

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

blackcab99 wrote:Does the Church have a Federal Tax ID number?

The store, REI, wants to donate scouting supplies to our scout troops. However, they can only donate to non-profit organizations, which we are.

They need the Church's Fed. ID# for their records. Who can I call if no one has the answer? Is there a church 1-800 number?
What you need is the stake's federal ID#. You'll find the answers to your questions in the thread: Tax ID numbers....Does each Ward have one?
Last edited by russellhltn on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update link
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I seem to remember hearing once that the number prints on Official Tax statements, which are distributed during tithing settlement. They print the EIN (employee identification number) - not sure if that's what you need or not. Works for claiming donations as tax-deductible, though.
markeze

Church Tax ID #

Post by markeze »

I need to find out what my church tax ID # is the name of the church is MT. Zion Baptist Cuba,AL can you help me please.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

markeze wrote:I need to find out what my church tax ID # is the name of the church is MT. Zion Baptist Cuba,AL can you help me please.
We'd be happy to help you if we could, but we only have information regarding LDS congregations (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or the Mormons).

I'd recommend that you speak with your pastor for assistance in this matter.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
wxwatcher

Re: Church Federal Tax ID Number?

Post by wxwatcher »

The link above is dead. Is there another location I can get information on a TAX ID number? I too am working on a scouting project that needs a TAX ID.

Thank you,
Brother Erickson
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Church Federal Tax ID Number?

Post by russellhltn »

wxwatcher wrote:The link above is dead.
The software running the forum was updated some time ago, so old links are dead. I updated the link to point to the thread in question.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”