Not all photos show up when printing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
WWS36

Not all photos show up when printing

Post by WWS36 »

I am having 'drop-out' of Family Photos when I print.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
I am using Chrome.
Haven't tried it in I.E.:confused:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I remember at least one prior report like that in the Directory Member Pictures Disappearing thread. I don't know as that one ever got resolved. I don't know as anyone could pinpoint a pattern.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Were all the photos approved? Sometimes, depending on your calling, you can see the photos but they haven't been approved so they don't show up on the printed ward list.
QA Engineer
WWS36

Post by WWS36 »

LisaAn wrote:Were all the photos approved? Sometimes, depending on your calling, you can see the photos but they haven't been approved so they don't show up on the printed ward list.
Yes they were approved by me as Ward Clerk & Stake Website Admin. I wonder if it has to do with re-sizing. They can only be 375 pixels tall> ??? Hmmm?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

WWS36 wrote: I wonder if it has to do with re-sizing. They can only be 375 pixels tall> ??? Hmmm?

The resizing happens automatically as the photos are uploaded. I see pictures all the time that started out bigger than 375 pixels, and they work fine. So I really doubt that the original size makes any difference.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

With the next release of Directory we are changing to a different type of photo services that will be more reliable and help solve some of these problems. Please look for the release sometime in October. Thanks.
QA Engineer

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”