I'm a new ward Historian. I will be including 25-30 pictures...

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
patricia2222

I'm a new ward Historian. I will be including 25-30 pictures...

Post by patricia2222 »

,,,un our monthly newsletter. Can I put pictures in this publication?
Can I see an example of another ward's newsletter with pictures?
What if we have non-members and inactives who want to see the newsletter?

THANK YOU!!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Patricia2222 wrote:...in our monthly newsletter. Can I put pictures in this publication?

Yes. But there are some limitations in the size and formatting. See Image Guidelines in the Creating Articles help topic.
Patricia2222 wrote:Can I see an example of another ward's newsletter with pictures?
No. You can only see articles for your stake unit and your own ward -- not any other wards in the stake.
Patricia2222 wrote:What if we have non-members and inactives who want to see the newsletter?
Anyone who is a member of the ward (active or not) who has an LDS Account can see the newsletter. But you must sign in with an LDS Account and must be a member of the ward to see any ward Newsletter articles. So there is no solution for nonmembers at this point.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

Here is the link for the instructions on the appropriate forms that must be filled out when including pictures with the annual ward / stake history. I know that when you include pictures with the newsletter, you have to affirm that you have the appropriate permissions. If any information is included about non-members, they too must fill out the appropriate forms. If you are planning on using the ward newsletter for the ward history, then all this information must be filled out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to be aware of this from the help file:
To avoid potential claims under various data privacy laws, newsletters may not be retained longer than a year. If the newsletter will be incorporated into a ward/stake history, a more formal approval process must be followed.
As such, it appears that the Newsletter feature is of limited value for ward history.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I have done some limited testing and have concluded that only articles with either an attachment and or an imbedded image will be removed after a year. See my post here.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Newsletter”