Incorrect Stake Calling

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
JamesRowley

Incorrect Stake Calling

Post by JamesRowley »

A previous clerk (who has since moved) incorrectly added a custom calling to add a Stake Assistant Clerk over two years ago. The Brother listed as the Stake Assistant Clerk (his assignment was to mentor the YSA Ward), has been released.

I'm trying to locate in MLS where the previous clerk added this calling. On the lds.org app, he's listed as an 'Assistant Stake Clerk' instead of a Stake Assistant Clerk.

I'm very familiar with MLS and am perplexed as to how the previous clerk added this custom calling. It's not listed anywhere on MLS and the Brother listed in this calling, his individual record says his calling is 'Stake Presidency, Historian & Photographer" all of which are wrong...

Help!

Warmest Regards,

Jim
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When you say he is listed on the lds.org app, are you talking about LDS Tools, Leader and Clerk Resources, or the online Directory? Anything in Leader and Clerk Resources and the online Directory should be the same because they get their information from the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (CDOL). If you are referring to either Leader and Clerk Resources or the online Directory, have you checked to see what CDOL has listed? If the incorrect calling for the brother is listed in CDOL you will have to wait until the release of MLS 3.5 before you can synchronize MLS and CDOL and use the procedure found in Correcting duplicate or missing callings.https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Callings#Correcting_duplicate_or_missing_callings
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jamesrowley wrote:I'm trying to locate in MLS where the previous clerk added this calling. On the lds.org app, he's listed as an 'Assistant Stake Clerk' instead of a Stake Assistant Clerk.

I'm listed as "Stake Assistant Clerk" in the Directory on LDS.org, the Leader Resources (Member Lookup feature), CDOL, and LDS Tools on my Android device. Nowhere am I listed as "Assistant Stake Clerk," so if that appears anywhere for that brother, it must be a custom calling entered in MLS.
jamesrowley wrote:I'm very familiar with MLS and am perplexed as to how the previous clerk added this custom calling. It's not listed anywhere on MLS

I'd look in the following places in stake MLS to try to find it:
  • Organizations > Stake Presidency > Custom Positions
  • Organizations > Custom Positions Review (if the calling of "Assistant Stake Clerk" is anywhere in stake MLS assigned to a person, it should show up there)
  • Membership > Individual Record (choose the member and look on the Callings section of the Individual tab to see what callings MLS thinks he has)
  • File > Export > (Organization Data). That should show you all the callings in stake MLS, and give you clues as to what organization the calling is associated with.
I'd also look in CDOL, particularly after you've done the export step above to make sure you know what organization the calling is associated with.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

I also believe that you need to have administrative rights in MLS to view the custom positions, but am not in front of MLS to confirm.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dfchamplain wrote:I also believe that you need to have administrative rights in MLS to view the custom positions, but am not in front of MLS to confirm.
That's half right. All you need is Organization rights (the lowest level of MLS rights) to see custom positions in any organization. But you do need Administrator rights to be able to see the Custom Positions Review tool.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”