Do you print everything MLS asks you to print?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
davidmarmolejo

Do you print everything MLS asks you to print?

Post by davidmarmolejo »

you Guys seem to know a lot . To much to catch up . wel have to do lots of reading

BTW MLS keeps asking you need to print this and that ... do you Guys
Print all that MLS as you to print??
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the How to view Ward Financial status thread as it addresses a different topic.]

It is not necessary to print all the print notices. You can decide what needs to be printed and what can be passed over or cancelled. Until you figure this out you can send the print job to a PDF file and store it on a removable storage device such as a thumb drive to avoid wasting paper. Store that removable storage device in a locked cabinet when not in use.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

davidmarmolejo wrote:you Guys seem to know a lot . To much to catch up . wel have to do lots of reading
You can get most of this information on the wiki site area. There is a link at the bottom of RussellHltn's posts as well as at top of the form page.

davidmarmolejo wrote:BTW MLS keeps asking you need to print this and that ... do you Guys
Print all that MLS as you to print??
There are somethings I keep and somethings I don't, it all depends. My basic rule is if its financial then I print it. If it membership I always preview what it is first, I only print new move information and records for the bishop. I never print it if its just an update to an existing record. This has been discussed in several forms so you can do a search as see what others do. But for now you may want to print everything when asked so you can become familiar with whats there until you figure out what you need and don't need.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davidmarmolejo wrote:Print all that MLS as you to print??

If this is addressed in the wiki, I didn't find it.

I would always at least preview what the report is. If it's the membership record of someone moving in, look to see if there's any thing on it such as disfellowshipment. This is the ONLY way that MLS informs you of such a person moving into the ward.

The bishop can look up the information in MLS under "Confidential Member Information", but only the bishop.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”