Can you make The Font Bigger ?? in MLS?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
davidmarmolejo

Can you make The Font Bigger ?? in MLS?

Post by davidmarmolejo »

Can you ? if not i wonder why not?? and if there will it ever have that option?
and is there any other way of doing it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davidmarmolejo wrote:Can you ? if not i wonder why not?? and if there will it ever have that option?
and is there any other way of doing it?
You can always make the pixels bigger by reducing the screen resolution, which has pretty much the same effect.

There is no way to control the font size in MLS, and I really doubt that it will ever have that option, since development resources are being prioritized toward moving MLS functionality to the Web. For the applications on LDS.org, you can simply use your browser's zoom feature to change the font size; eventually all MLS functions will be available there.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Windows "Magnifier is intended to provide a minimum level of functionality for users with slight visual impairments." This utility is found in the Accessibility sub-folder of Windows Accessories. For users with a need for a magnification utility with higher functionality Microsoft provides a link in Magnifier to a Microsoft Web site for some recommended utilities.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

I really wondered , with such super duper mega Critical Data Why is the font
not bigger to reduce the Risk Of Mistakes?
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

For web-based MLS functions, simply go to 125 percent or 150 percent, I'm working right now on 150 percent on a larger monitor, and it works perfectly for this or any other webpage.

To see an odd glitch on anything under 100 percent, go to wiki.familysearch.org while at at least 100 percent. Then reduce the percentage to anything 99 percent or less. Notice how a couple of elements actually go to the bottom of the page rather than simply reduce, which they also do.

For MLS, yes that's an issue, but since MLS will be gone in 2-3 years in favor of the cloud, it's best just to wait for the web versions of functions.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davidmarmolejo wrote:I really wondered , with such super duper mega Critical Data Why is the font
not bigger to reduce the Risk Of Mistakes?
If you like everything bigger, what about my first suggestion to change your display resolution? Most clerk computers are used primarily for MLS, so that seems like a simple solution.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”