Donation Envelopes with New Bishopric

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
MikeClark

Donation Envelopes with New Bishopric

Post by MikeClark »

Our ward has a new bishopric as of today. I've not been the ward clerk for a number of years, but serve in our local singles branch as the finance clerk. I went down to our clerk's office in order to possibly offer some advice to our current ward clerk, who is rather new, to make sure they covered all the bases in MLS with the new bishopric. One task is to order new donation envelopes, but I learned that they planned to continue to use the old donation envelopes, but covered by the new bishop's name and address on a label, and that they plan to do this even after new envelopes have arrived, to avoid wastage. My understanding is that this is against Church policy, but I could not point to anything authoritative -- so my question is, am I actually correct about this, and if so, where is this covered in writing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mikeclark wrote:but I learned that they planned to continue to use the old donation envelopes, but covered by the new bishop's name and address on a label
I know that's how it used to be done. CHQ actually sent the labels for that very purpose.

mikeclark wrote:and that they plan to do this even after new envelopes have arrived, to avoid wastage.

I think the labels cost about as much as the envelopes. So I woun't print any more then are needed until the new batch arrives. Not to mention the labor effort to paste the new labels on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”