How to view Ward Financial status?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
davidmarmolejo

How to view Ward Financial status?

Post by davidmarmolejo »

Hi In MLS

how to view how much money we have ?

sorry need a quick answer

BTW I'm ward Clerk
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

Go to Finance > Budget > Budget Report.

There are three types of budget reports available. One included the actual and projected receipt of funds from CHQ. We use this one far less frequently then the Auxiliary budget report, which shows each budget category, the amount spent to date, and the amount left in the budget. I'm guessing one of those two will provide the information you need.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

The "Budget Allowance Summary Report" would be best.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

They just told me that i have to call a phone number.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davidmarmolejo wrote:They just told me that i have to call a phone number.
Who told you that? Now that MLS is synchronized with CUBS, MLS should be able to give you very detailed up-to-date information. You also may want to look at the monthly Financial Statements, but those are available in MLS as well. Only if you have some reason to suspect that your MLS data doesn't match the Church's data would you need to call Local Unit Support for that kind of information.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

davidmarmolejo wrote:They just told me that i have to call a phone number.
There is no number to call. All you need to do is run a "Budget Summary Report" in MLS. At the bottom of the report you will see how much budget allowance was carried over from last year and how much you received each quarter as well as how much has been spent.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Considering the basic question, I wonder if any budget information has been entered.

Since we haven't yet reached the 4th quarter disbursements, I don't know as there is a way to see how much is available "in the checking account" for the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

Gary_Miller wrote:There is no number to call. All you need to do is run a "Budget Summary Report" in MLS. At the bottom of the report you will see how much budget allowance was carried over from last year and how much you received each quarter as well as how much has been spent.

Well that is what the Stake Klerck Just told me .. But maybe he does not know it all.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

aebrown wrote:Who told you that? Now that MLS is synchronized with CUBS, MLS should be able to give you very detailed up-to-date information. You also may want to look at the monthly Financial Statements, but those are available in MLS as well. Only if you have some reason to suspect that your MLS data doesn't match the Church's data would you need to call Local Unit Support for that kind of information.

The Stake Clerk Just told me ...I'm Mexico Right now
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

RussellHltn wrote:Considering the basic question, I wonder if any budget information has been entered.

Since we haven't yet reached the 4th quarter disbursements, I don't know as there is a way to see how much is available "in the checking account" for the ward.
Maybe nothing was budgeted in to separate catagories. However the 1-3rd quarter has been allocated and will have amounts in the above mentioned report. And the projected amounts were sent out last week and I have yet to see it change although it could if the stake changes the % allocated to the ward before next month. So with the projected amount he will have a pretty good estimate of the total allocation for the year.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”