Reservation Problems

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
almafudd

Reservation Problems

Post by almafudd »

Having problems making a reservation. I can not add reservation details.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

This is a known issue and will be fixed shortly.
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

I too have been having problems with my reservations screen. If I try to click on "Add a reservation" or "Edit reservations details" my screen shows nothing.
candlbloom5

Post by candlbloom5 »

Is this problem only being experienced by the building coordinators or is it a general problem for anyone trying to reserve the building? Any idea when the problem will be fixed? Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

candlbloom5 wrote:Is this problem only being experienced by the building coordinators or is it a general problem for anyone trying to reserve the building? Any idea when the problem will be fixed? Thank you.
Only someone with Building Scheduler rights can make what the system calls a reservation. That's different from scheduling an event that takes place at a location - any calendar editor can do that. The problem under discussion only affects reservations, not events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Lolakwood

Reservation Fix??

Post by Lolakwood »

Is there a estimated time for this fix to happen. I have several reservations that I need to update and make.
ryan.lajolla.ca

Post by ryan.lajolla.ca »

I am responsible for scheduling at a very high usage building due to the proximity to a very popular temple... any estimate of when the reservations will come back would be great... My inbox is flooded with reservation requests that I can do nothing about... I need to know if I just need to set up a separate google calendar to track everything until this comes back, or wait it out for a few more days... Thanks!
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

You might try scheduling "events" using firefox or chrome. Then go back and schedule "reservations" when it gets fixed.

I really, really think it would be a good idea to send out some sort of message to all the wards about the difference between "reservations" and "events." Yeah, I know it is there in the help and instructions, but there seems to be a lot of confusion about when to use which. "I need to reserve the building," is so last century...

Just my 2 cents....
candlbloom5

Post by candlbloom5 »

I understand the difference between a "reservation" and an "event" but anyone who has the rights, by nature of their calling, to put an "event" on the calendar is then given an option to select specific rooms OR the entire building for their "event." Doing this effectively "reserves" the building or a portion thereof for their "event" as no one else can now use those rooms for a new "event."

Therefore my original question is valid, but I'll rephrase- Is only the building coordinator having difficulty specifing the option to "reserve" specific rooms or is this a problem for everyone when they try to specify rooms for their event? For example, would the ward mission president have difficulty "selecting" the baptismal font and RS room for a baptism?

Thank you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

candlbloom5 wrote:Therefore my original question is valid, but I'll rephrase- Is only the building coordinator having difficulty specifing the option to "reserve" specific rooms or is this a problem for everyone when they try to specify rooms for their event? For example, would the ward mission president have difficulty "selecting" the baptismal font and RS room for a baptism?

I have not seen any reports about scheduling rooms for events (users of IE8 have huge problems with the recent release of the calendar, but they can hardly do anything, so their problems aren't specific to scheduling rooms). I have scheduled multiple events since the recent update, and I have specified single rooms and multiple rooms, and it works fine, just has it always has. There is a separate problem with conflict reporting (see Conflicts not displayed), but that is a problem that happens after a calendar editor selects the rooms, which is the specific topic of your question.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”