Calendar reservation problems

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
joseantoniomorales

Calendar reservation problems

Post by joseantoniomorales »

All Calendars totally distorted, not able to make entries...Washington D.C. Stake
failproof

Post by failproof »

There are 2 issues to be aware of both addressed in multiple recent threads on this forum, and both are being looked at allready -
If you are using IE8 and below, the display is messed up. If you can upgrade to IE9, or load another browser like Chrome or Firefox, you shouldn't have any display issues.
Getting to Reservation details is currently an issue. You can add reservations from the pop-up, but going to details or editing existing reservations is unavailable presently. Last word from some of the developers is that this issue should be fixed "soon"
clarkentparker

Post by clarkentparker »

I'm not able to make or edit reservations!
And having same problem on FireFox and different computer (laptop).
Is this a known bug; if so when will it be fixed? I have several reservations pending...

Thank You
Clark
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This is a known problem. The developers are working on it, but have not given us a date.

Note: Header info should be sent via email or PM only. I've removed the header info from your post as this is a public forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
clarkentparker

What is the Calendar Reservation support email address?

Post by clarkentparker »

What is the Calendar Reservation support email address?

When updates are made do they not test it before release to make sure thisdoes not happen?

It leaves us schedulers in an awkward position when we have a handful ofreservation requests and we are totally relying on the online reservationcalendar. This leaves us dead in the water. The programer or team responsible should turn thisaround within 24 hours… don’t you think?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In this case I don't think it's needed. No one can add or edit reservations. The header is useful when it's a problem unique to certain individuals.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

For the most part I don't see much need in reservations anyway. All a reservation does, is block out a period of time/resources/area so that only a specific unit can schedule events at that time. The only time I see it being useful is to block out specific days where a unit is assigned to use the building on a repeating basis (such as YM/YW nights), so that other units, in the building, cannot schedule events on those days.

Other than that all one has to do is place an event on the proper calendar which blocks out the time/resources/area for that event. No one in any unit can schedule over over top of that event using the resources/areas associated with the event. They may however schedule an event at the same time using another resource/area in the building.

Who ever designed the new calendar and how its to works was brilliant in that it makes the scheduling of events in a building easier and places the capability to do so at the organization level, instead of having to call someone to schedule an event and the area of the building needed for the event. The calendar team is to be commended.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

clarkentparker wrote:What is the Calendar Reservation support email address?
This forum is the place to report calendar problems. The development team is active here. In the particular case of the problem you're reporting, it has been noted in this thread, and you can also see specifically in this post, that the problem is known and being worked on. So any further contact with the support team would be redundant.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:All a reservation does, is block out a period of time/resources/area so that only a specific unit can schedule events at that time. The only time I see it being useful is to block out specific days where a unit is assigned to use the building on a repeating basis (such as YM/YW nights), so that other units, in the building, cannot schedule events on those days.

That's exactly the situation that reservations were created for. They can also be useful during calendar planning "season" - reserve the building for the stake for the whole year to allow the stake organizations to place their events first. Then remove the reservation to allow the wards to place their events.

But any attempt to use reservations as a substitute for events is likely to lead to problems including double-booking.

Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

RussellHltn wrote:But any attempt to use reservations as a substitute for events is likely to lead to problems including double-booking.
This is the problem I'm currently seeing in my stake. There are called building schedulers who don't seem to understand their role and are using the reservation system to book events. I don't see double-booking, however I'm seeing reservations blocking out a period of time but no event to place it on any calendar. When this happens the only time you can see there is anything taking place in a specific building is in the week mode.

I think most of problem is due to a lack of understanding of how the new calendar works. There is a need to educate everyone on the different roles and processes evolved in using the new calendar. Of course all this can be done by reading the help information. It just seems to be not happening.

Return to “Calendar”