Scripture highlighting issue ongalaxy s3

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
ngoehring

Scripture highlighting issue ongalaxy s3

Post by ngoehring »

I have been having issues highlighting scripture text on my galaxy s3. When I try to highlight something, the highlight markers appear but I am unable to select any text. Instead the screen just scrolls up or down. I use this feature a lot so this has become a big pain. Anyone else with this problem and/or a solution?
jasonponce

Post by jasonponce »

I have been having the same problem. It is very annoying!
ngoehring

Post by ngoehring »

So the only way I have found around this is to touch and hold on the screen where I want to start the highlight and the run my finger back and forth as if I wanted to clean something off of the screen. The eventually the highlighting starts to work and I can select what I want. Very annoying.
Jeffersonyoung

Post by Jeffersonyoung »

Thanks for such an amazing app! I have this problem as well on my gs3. After i long press on the verse, the markers appear and i can move them, but they seem to float freely instead of being locked to the words. The highlighting also seems divorced from the markers. Excited for a fix!
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

The issue is with Android 4.X rather than with the device. We have the issue fixed in an upcoming version due for rlease soon.
Jason Hyer
portersb

Post by portersb »

I'm not sure if this is the same issue the first poster is talking about, but I see this one as well on my Nexus 7 tablet:
jeffersonyoung wrote:Thanks for such an amazing app! I have this problem as well on my gs3. After i long press on the verse, the markers appear and i can move them, but they seem to float freely instead of being locked to the words. The highlighting also seems divorced from the markers. Excited for a fix!
portersb

Post by portersb »

I'm still seeing this issue on my Nexus 7 tablet (Android 4.2), even after several Gospel Library updates. Have the promised fixes simply failed to resolve the issue, or are they in an as-of-yet unreleased version?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”