Reviewing IOS with Members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kelloggm

Reviewing IOS with Members

Post by kelloggm »

One of my exceptions that resulted from my last membership audit was that I hadn't reviewed the IOS with all the members of record in our ward during the past year. I have heard of clerks doing this during tithing settlement, but this only get the active tithe payers in the ward. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to close out this exception with the less active or inactive members of record?
egowen

Post by egowen »

I plan to have an IOS printed for each member just before we have tithe settlement. Those left over will be mailed with a cover letter from me. This way we get updated addresses for those who have moved without letting anyone know. Responses from letters as been generally good but occasionally some will prompt a name removal request. I guess you could put them in a sealed envelope to be delivered by home teachers but then some number would likely wind up undelivered.
Regards,

Ed Gowen
--------------------------------
Edward J Gowen Jr
Macon Georgia Stake Clerk

Return to “Membership Help”