Need help with Cisco WAP Air-LAP1041N-A-K9 config

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
cdw3423lds

Need help with Cisco WAP Air-LAP1041N-A-K9 config

Post by cdw3423lds »

We are replacing some old temperamental WAPs in our stake and were sent Cisco Air-LAP1041N-A-K9 WAPs. From what I can see from the documentation I found on the Cisco site, these are mainly used with a "Cisco wireless LAN controller". As near as I know we don't have one of those and don't need one when we only need a single WAP on the network. I'm at a loss as to how to configure this thing. Do I need a Cisco Console cable? I did get one just in case.

Is there any simple step by step instructions to configure the password and other security settings I need to use this thing as a standalone WAP?

Chris W
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

CHQ takes care of the complex stuff. You can read the install instructions here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cdw3423lds

Post by cdw3423lds »

Thanks for the link. The timing is just about perfect. One of the buildings we are putting these in just got the new firewall mentioned in that document and another one will get it later this week. Sounds like with that router installed, it will be easy to get going. In the buildings that will not be getting the new firewall may be a little more difficult but at least I have a phone number to call when we get there.

Thanks again.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”