Deleting calendar items

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rashipley

Deleting calendar items

Post by rashipley »

There are several items in our ward calendar that I created weeks ago that I need to delete. However, these items are "grayed out" and I am unable to delete them. Any ideas as to why I cannot now delete these items?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rashipley wrote:There are several items in our ward calendar that I created weeks ago that I need to delete. However, these items are "grayed out" and I am unable to delete them. Any ideas as to why I cannot now delete these items?
What do you mean when you say "these items are 'grayed out'"? Do you mean that the item itself is somehow displayed with gray text or a gray background, or that the Delete This Event Only option is grayed out when you right click on the event? Or are you talking about the Delete Event button when you view the Event Details?

What happens when you try to delete the event? Do you get an error message, a spinning wheel, no change at all, or are you unable to even try to delete the event?

In what view are you looking at these items (Agenda, Week, Month, or Reservations)?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rashipley

Deleting Calendar Items

Post by rashipley »

I am looking at the calendar month.

Both the event and the "delete" option in the drop-down menu (right-click) are "grayed out."

I am unable to take any delete action. There are no error messages when I click on the "grayed out" delete option in the drop-down menu.

Other events that I have posted recently (in the past week or so) can be deleted.

Any help will be appreciated!
aebrown wrote:What do you mean when you say "these items are 'grayed out'"? Do you mean that the item itself is somehow displayed with gray text or a gray background, or that the Delete This Event Only option is grayed out when you right click on the event? Or are you talking about the Delete Event button when you view the Event Details?

What happens when you try to delete the event? Do you get an error message, a spinning wheel, no change at all, or are you unable to even try to delete the event?

In what view are you looking at these items (Agenda, Week, Month, or Reservations)?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is it possible that they are part of a calendar that you do not have edit rights to? Either you could have lost rights to a calendar or someone else moved them to a different calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”